Are you searching online for how to clean the bottom of a frying pan? Read on to learn about the simplest methods, supplies, and tools you can use to get that done within a few minutes.
To be honest, cleaning the bottom of a burnt frying pan is never an easy task. Especially if your frying pan bottom is stained or has some dried-on foods on it. While many resorts to using highly abrasive sponges to clean it, they often end up damaging it.
You don’t want to find yourself in that position, especially when you’ve got some meals to prepare with the frying pan.
How To Clean The Bottom Of A Frying Pan
While there are many commercial pot cleaners that you can use to thoroughly clean the bottom of your frying pan, this article focuses on how you can do that using simple DIY cleaners at home.
So let’s get down to business and learn how to perfectly clean dirt or burned the bottom of a frying pan.
What You Should Know Before You Start The Cleaning
Before you start cleaning the bottom of your frying pan with the instructions found in this article or anywhere else on the internet, here are a few things you should know:
- Frying pans are made of different materials and quality. Some are made of aluminum, copper, stainless steel, etc. That difference in their making also means that there is no singular method for washing a stained bottom of a frying pan that works for all. You will have to try each of the methods below until you get the perfect one for you.
- You may have to clean it more than once to get the perfect result. Depending on how messy the bottom of your frying pot is, you may have to wash or clean it two to three times to get the best result possible.
- Abrasive sponges, oven cleaners and other tools and supplies that can be very harsh on the bottom of the frying pan should always come as a last option. That is if at all you want to use them.
Cleaning The Bottom Of A Frying Pan: What You Will Need
When it comes to cleaning the bottom of your frying pan, you need a few things to get that done. A few of them are listed below:
- White vinegar and Baking Soda
- Dishwashing liquid
- Scrubbing cloth or brush
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Bon Ami
Simple Methods For Cleaning The Bottom Of A Frying Pan
There are several methods that you can use to get the bottom of your frying pan well cleaned. These methods involve the use of 2, 3 or more of the items listed above.
Here is how to clean the outside bottom of pots and pans.
Method 1: Baking Soda + White Vinegar + Dishwashing Liquid
Baking soda combined with white vinegar and dishwashing liquid can be a very powerful cleaner for removing stubborn stains and burnt food from the bottom of a frying pan. The mixture can get your frying pan looking like you just bought it.
To prepare the DIY cleaner and use it in cleaning your frying pan bottom, follow these instructions:
- Apply baking soda on the bottom of the frying pan. Ensure that you cover all the affected area with it. Pour a little bit of the white distilled vinegar to it (About 1 inch of it should be enough)
- After that, add 3 drops of dishwashing liquid to it and follow it up with water. The water here should be enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan. If you fill it to the top, it will still be OK.
- Boil the whole thing together by placing the frying pan on the stove and turning on the heat. You need to be closeby to notice when the mixture has started boiling.
- The moment it starts boiling, reduce the heat a little bit and leaves the mixture to simmer for some time. For instance 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the time you set for it to simmer elapses, bring down the frying pan and pour the water out.
- Gently scrub the bottom of the frying pan using your scrubbing cloth or brush. For more effective results, you can sprinkle it again with baking soda and white distilled vinegar before scrubbing it.
- If the bottom of the frying pan is not yet as clean as you would want it to be, repeat the process until you get your desired result.
- Rinse and dry the frying pan afterward.
Method 2: Baking Soda + Vinegar + Lemon
This second method is ideal for cleaning frying pans with a copper bottom. So if you have a frying pan with a copper bottom that needs cleaning, this method will work effectively for you. It involves the use of Lemon, Baking Soda, and Vinegar. Follow the steps below to do it.
- Apply baking soda all over the bottom of the frying pan. Ensure that the burned areas are completely covered with it.
- Add vinegar to it. Enough to match the baking soda.
- Cut a lemon and use half of it to scrub the whole parts of the frying pan that needs cleaning. Especially the bottom of it.
- Once you have gotten your desired result, use the frying pan using clean water and dry it.
Method 3: Bar Keeper’s Friend
If you have burnt the bottom of your frying pan really bad, the Bar Keeper’s Friend can be a friend to you and help you out. Regardless of the type of frying pan you have (copper, stainless steel, aluminum, etc), you will find the product very useful.
The Bar Keeper’s Friend is easy to use, smells nice and gets gunk off surfaces easily. If you have used any product and method before to clean the bottom of your frying pan without success, consider using this particular cleaner for it.
You can get the Bar Keeper’s Friend for a couple of dollars on Amazon. It’s quite inexpensive compared to similar products out there that don’t do nearly half of what BKF does. Trust me, you will be so surprised at the results.
To clean the bottom of your frying pan with Bar Keeper’s Friend, apply the paste to it. The product should cover the affected areas of your frying pan bottom. After that, add little water to it. Leave it that way for 10 to 15 minutes. this will enable the product to work on the stains, dried-on food, specks of dirt and so on.
After that, gently scrub the bottom of the frying pan using a non-abrasive sponge. If you have a soft brush or a soft cloth, you can use it also.
Once you are done with that, rinse the frying pan and allow it to dry. The bottom will once again look as though it is brand new. That is how amazing the Bar Keeper’s Friend can be.
Method 4: Bon Ami
Just like Bar Keeper’s Friend, Bon Ami is a great cleaner that can be used for cleaning the bottom of a frying pan. The product is made from natural sources and is biodegradable. Bon Ami may not be as expensive as other cleaning formulas out there, but it does deliver an incredible result.
If the bottom of your frying pan is looking hopeless due to the many stains on it, consider using Bon Ami to clean it instead of just trashing it. Even if you have tried every other product and method out there.
To clean the bottom of a frying pan using Bon Ami, simply wet the bottom of the pan with water. Then sprinkle the whole stained area with Bon Ami and let it sit for some minutes. 10 to 15 minutes should be okay for the bottom of the frying that is stained.
After that, scrub the whole area using a non-abrasive brush, sponge or cloth. Rinse the frying pan with clean water and leave it to dry.
If you did this exactly as it is written here without seeing much results, repeat the process. While scrubbing it the second time, pay special attention to the parts of the bottom of the frying pan that was not well cleaned the first time and scrub them better this time.
Did you accidentally burn the bottom of your frying pan? Before you think of discarding the frying pan as trash, there’s a way to clean it so it looks almost brand new.
In this article, we discussed 4 highly effective methods that you can use to thoroughly clean the bottom of aluminum and stainless steel pans. These methods are simple, practical and time-saving.
Are you searching online for the best way to clean your stained frying pan bottom? Consider using any of the methods discussed in this guide to get that done as soon as possible.
I hope you find these steps useful.
Related Cleaning Guides:
- How To Clean Stove Top Grates
- How to Clean a Microwave: Easy Hack for Stains
- How To Clean A Blender: Steps For 7 Brands
- Kitchen Cleaning Supplies List – 15 Products And Tools