Are you searching online for how to clean mirrors without streaking? You should see this.
In this guide, we revealed the simplest ways to truly clean a mirror without streaks. If you desire a streak-free mirror, follow the instructions in this article to clean it.
Mirror Cleaners Without Streaking
Mirror cleaning can be very tricky. Without knowing the right supplies and methods to use, the mirror may end up looking worse than when you began, with streaks all over it. Most people often assume that getting any kind of product and using it to wipe the mirror is all they need.
Until they come face to face with the reality that you can’t get your mirror to shine that way.
All you can manage to get from such poor cleaning is a smeared or cloudy surface on the mirror. You can’t do anything with such. That is why you must follow the methods in this guide to clean your mirror.
That way, you can have it shining exactly the way you want.
What You Need To Clean Your Mirrors Perfectly
To have a perfectly cleaned mirror without streaks, these are some of the things you will need:
- Microfiber Cloth
If you are serious about keeping streaks away from your mirror, you will have to get a microfiber cloth. They are specially designed to ensure that dirt, dust, and grime is removed from surfaces without leaving lint behind.
A good example of this is AmazonBasics Blue and Yellow Microfiber Cleaning Cloths. They are among the best selling microfiber rags on Amazon presently. Based on user reviews, you can trust these microfiber cloths to completely clean the surface of your mirrors without leaving any streaks on them.
You can also choose Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths. Just like the aforementioned, these microfiber cloths are of superior quality and will wipe away dirt, dust, and grime from your mirrors without causing the shiny surface to become cloudy.
- Glass Cleaner
You need a specially formulated glass cleaner to clean your mirrors with. This will not only help prevent soap residues on the mirrors. It will also help in protecting the surfaces of the mirrors from unnecessary damages.
If you need some recommendations with the right kind of glass cleaners to buy, consider buying Windex Ammonia-Free Glass and Window Cleaner Spray. The formula is one of the best glass cleaners you can find out there for removing fingerprints and smears from your mirror surfaces, leaving them with a streak-free shine.
The good thing about Windex Glass Cleaner is that it is highly effective and non-toxic. You don’t even much of it to get your mirrors shining. Just a little of it is enough to remove all kinds of smudge and smear from your mirror.
A perfect alternative to Windex is Better Life Natural Streak Free Glass Cleaner. The formula is derived from natural sources that are highly effective in eliminating dirt, dust, and grime from surfaces. You can rest assured that using this specialized formula to clean your mirrors will keep them streak-free and get them shining in no time.
Each of these streak-free glass cleaners can be gotten online on Amazon and several other E-commerce websites at very affordable rates.
- Vinegar + Water
For those who do not want to use commercial glass cleaners, vinegar mixed with water is just the perfect natural solution to use for this same purpose. It is very effective for cleaning mirrors without leaving streaks on it.
To prepare this solution, mix 1 part vinegar to 1 part water in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle to mix the contents well. The mixture will deliver almost the same result as a commercial glass cleaner.
Now that you have everything you need for the mirror cleaning ready, let me show you how to do it for very effective results.
- Vinegar + Rubbing Alcohol + Cornstarch + Essential Oil
This is a stronger alternative to the homemade solution above. Combining White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar with Rubbing Alcohol, Cornstarch and Essential Oil will make a great glass cleaner that can remove any form of dirt from your mirror.
While the Rubbing Alcohol and Vinegar removes dirt from the mirror, the cornstarch ensures that no streak is left on it. The essential oil on its polishes the surface of the mirror, causing it to sparkle. With these ingredients working together, it won’t be long before your mirror starts shining like its brand new.
As for the right essential oil to use for this, feel free to use any one of your choices. Lemon essential oil, Peppermint essential oil, Tea tree essential oil or any other one.
These are some of the best cleaning hacks for a bathroom mirror.
Procedure For Cleaning Your Mirrors Without Streaking
Follow these steps below to perfectly clean your mirrors without leaving any streak on it.
- Begin by observing the mirror closely and taking note of the places with spots, fingerprints, and lines that need to be cleaned. The fingerprints are among the most common things that dull the surface of the mirror. So don’t be surprised to find plenty of them there.
- Now that you have noticed the spots and other things causing your mirror to appear cloudy, spray the mirror with the Windex or Better Life glass cleaning formula you bought earlier. If you do not have any of this, you can use any homemade glass cleaner. Especially the vinegar solution we talked about here.
- While spraying the mirror with the glass cleaner, give special attention to areas with the most dirt, grime, and spots on it.
- Using the microfiber cloth (AmazonBasics or Zwipes Microfiber Cloths), gently wipe the surface of the mirror in a zigzag pattern. Another way to do this is to wipe from side to side and then from the top of the mirror down.
- If the surface of the microfiber rag you are using to wipe the mirror gets dirty, you can turn to the other surface or get another one entirely instead of continuing the cleaning with that dirty part. This will help prevent streaks from appearing in the mirror.
- Once you are done cleaning the surface of the mirror, view the mirror from an angle of 45 degrees to see if there is any dirt, spot or whatever you missed. If there is a streak in the mirror, this will help reveal it. If you observe any, quickly clean it using the same zigzag pattern or side to side and top to down pattern.
- Clean the frame of the mirror. This is usually the last thing to do. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it from the beginning. Some mirror frames are usually made of wood while others are made of things like plastics etc. Before cleaning the frame, be sure you are using the right product for it, to avoid damaging it in the process.
How Regular Should I Clean My Mirrors?
Lie you may have noticed, mirrors easily pick up dirt. If it’s not fingerprints, it is a spot from toothpaste, hairspray and so on. If you try cleaning by just wiping the surface with any type of cloth or cleaner, you may end up making the whole thing worse.
To constantly keep your mirror clear and sparkling, you must clean it regularly. How regular? You may be asking.
Truth is, there is no general rule that guides the number of times you can clean your mirror in a day, week or month. It all depends on you and the number of times you use the mirror daily.
However, since the mirror is among the things we make use of numerous times daily, cleaning it at least once or twice a week is not a bad idea. In a place where it is not always touched multiple times in a day, you can choose to clean it at least once a week.
Again, it all boils down to individual preference.
The mirror is undoubtedly a very important item at home. What else can show you exactly how you look before you leave your home? Being such an important material, we must maintain the shine by cleaning it regularly.
Though this sounds very simple to do, it requires you to use the right products and methods. If not, you can end up causing the mirror to look worse than you met it.
Do you need to know how to clean mirrors without streaking? We have discussed here the best way to do this in less than 10 minutes. This article also featured the best mirror cleaning products that you can use to get rid of dirt, dust, and grime from your mirror.
This includes both DIY mirror cleaning formulas and commercial glass cleaners. With any of them, you can easily clean your mirrors without leaving streaks or lints on them.
I hope you find this useful.